Christopher T. McGrath
PARTNER + 1983 + GARDEN CITY
Christopher McGrath, a member of the firm, has won a string of multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients, earning him a stellar reputation as a top trial attorney.
Mr. McGrath’s work has made him a magnet for clients in serious injury matters and a respected educator for his fellow lawyers. In addition to his successful litigation practice, he serves as an adjunct professor of law at Hofstra University and is a sought-after lecturer for continuing legal education programs for bar associations and law schools. And he is highly active in the legal community, serving as past president of the Nassau County Bar Association and on a number of bar committees. Mr. McGrath joined Sullivan Papain after graduating from law school in 1983 and became a member of the firm in 1989. He is based in the firm’s Garden City, N.Y., office.
“All that matters is helping those that need help the most.”
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Verdicts + Settlements
- Recovered $11 million in a wrongful death case involving a motor vehicle accident.
- Recovered $5.6 million for an injured worker at a construction site.
- Recovered $4 million for an injured worker at a construction site.
Awards and Recognition
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Advocacy, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Highest Rating (AV®) from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Member, Million Dollar Advocate Forum
- One of the Top Lawyers in New York Listed in Super Lawyers Magazine and New York Magazine
- Named by Best Lawyers in America as one of the Top 500 personal injury attorneys in America
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America, The National Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Bar Attorney Professionalism Award, 2012
- St. Thomas More Award, Catholic Lawyers Guild
- University of Dayton School of Law • 1983
- Nassau County Bar Association, Past President
- Grievance Committee for the 10th Judicial District, Member
- New York State Judicial Screening Commission
- Nassau County Bar Association Judicial Screening Committee, Chair
- Medical Legal Committee, Past Chair
- Supreme Court Committee, Chair
- Committees on Character and Fitness, Second Judicial Department, Member
- Mr. McGrath is a special professor of law at Hofstra University School of Law. And he has written articles on the following subjects:
- “Attorneys Now Required to Help Protect Against Identity Theft”
- “The Emergency Doctrine”
- How to Prepare an Expert for Trial”
- “Medical Malpractice Litigation”
- Inwood Civics “Man of the Year”
- Peninsula Kiwanis, Distinguished Past President
- Nassau County Bar Association, We Care Chair
- Outside the firm, Mr. McGrath pursues softball, basketball, and volunteering for the Kiwanis’ Christmas Dream program.