Counsel + + New York
Verdicts + Settlements
- Jordan v St. John’s Episcopal Hospital verdict of $96,400,000 was the largest medical malpractice verdict in the United States in the year 2002.
- Dockery v Peninsula verdict of $109,000,000 was the largest medical malpractice verdict in the United States in the year 2007.
- Nelson v Narwal verdict of $60,000,000 was the largest medical malpractice verdict in the State of New York in the year 2011.
- Verdict of $26,000,000 after hospital botched the birth of twins, leaving one dead and the other deaf and mute.
- Albino v Bronx Lebanon Hospital (2003) was the highest medical malpractice verdict recorded for a patient with sickle cell anemia.
- There have been 4 additional verdicts of $10,000,000 or more.
Awards and Recognition
- New York Law Journal Verdicts and Settlements Hall of Fame
- Best Lawyers’ Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, New York City 2015
- Marist College • B.S. 1972
- Qualified to sit for the NYS Bar Exam by Study of Law in a Law Office at the offices of Shea and Gould New York, NY
- Past President, New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- American Association for Justice
- Brooklyn Bar Association
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association
- Inwood Civics “Man of the Year”
- Peninsula Kiwanis, Distinguished Past Present
- Nassau County Bar Association, We Care Chair
- Married to Mary Ellen Ruane Wilkens, a former NYC physical education and swimming teacher . She is the bedrock for all of the good things that have attended my career. Father of one daughter, Jaclyn. Son of a New York City Firefighter.