New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Dump Truck Accidents Lawyer in New York
Dump trucks cause many roadway and jobsite accidents every year. Not only are dump trucks large and destructive in accidents like, but they haul items that also pose safety risks when not secured.
Some dump truck companies incentivize drivers based on how much volume they can haul. Crews often overload dump trucks, making the trucks harder to control and stop. Some drivers feel pressure to drive as much as possible in a day (this is common in trucking), which often leads to driver fatigue and reckless driving. The company bears some responsibility for this behavior because of the expectations exerted upon drivers to engage in dangerous behavior.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a dump truck accident, either as a dump truck operator, other driver, or construction industry worker, the attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo (SPBMCC) can help. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Why Choose SPBMC?
The attorneys at SPBMC defend injured workers and individuals in New York and New Jersey. Why choose us for your case? We are a full-service personal injury law firm. We represent clients experiencing all types of injuries in the workforce and everyday life.
- We represent clients individually and in class action cases, including serving as lead counsel for 9/11 rescue workers.
- We have recovered more than $2 billion in settlements for our clients in just the last 10 years.
- We are committed to the best interests of our clients and the New York and New Jersey communities. We also serve as the general counsel for the Uniformed Firefighters Association of Greater New York.
- We handle all cases on a contingency-fee basis. We do not charge any fees for legal service unless we recover your settlement.
Dump Truck Regulations
The same state and federal regulations that apply to tractor-trailers also apply to dump trucks. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) sets these rules. Our attorneys work with these specific regulations in our cases, which makes SPBMC an excellent choice for dump-truck injury cases.
Types of Dump Truck Accidents
Many different types of accidents occur involving of dump trucks. In some cases, the driver injures another individual via reckless or exhausted driving. Sometimes, unsafe vehicles (including dump trucks with improperly secured payloads) cause injuries to other drivers. In other instances, negligence on the part of the trucking company has led to the injury of the company’s driver. Here are a few specific examples of dump truck accidents and resulting cases:
- A reckless dump truck driver injures another driver on the roadway.
- An abusive trucking company forces a driver to overload his or her truck or drive to the point of exhaustion. This typically also involves logging illegal behind-the-wheel time. The driver becomes the victim if an accident occurs.
- An improperly loaded or operated dump truck injures an employee on a construction site.
- Improperly secured debris injures another driver or his or her property after flying out of a dump truck on the road.
Many different outcomes can result from dump truck accidents. Sometimes the driver is the party at fault, while other times he or she is the victim. The attorneys at SPBMC are dedicated to the construction and trucking workforce, but also to individuals with related cases, such as bystanders or other drivers on the road.
Get Legal Assistance – Call Today
Seek legal help if you or someone you love suffered injury in a dump truck accident. You may be eligible for considerable compensation for injuries, loss of income, and pain and suffering. The New York personal injury attorneys at SPBMCC may be able to take your case, working on your behalf to try to secure a settlement. Contact us for a free consultation.