New York Personal Injury Attorneys
8 Possible Injuries from Falling Off a Ladder at Work
Each year in the United States, falls from ladders cause more than 164,000 emergency room-treated injuries and 300 deaths. Many of these injuries happen at work. For those who have experienced the misfortune of falling off a ladder at work, it is important to understand the severity of injuries that can result from a fall.
Below, the experienced NYC personal injury lawyers at SPBMCC discuss eight possible injuries that may occur when you’ve had the unfortunate experience of falling off a ladder at work.
- Head Injuries: Falls from a ladder can lead to severe head injuries, including concussions, traumatic brain injuries, and skull fractures. These injuries can have long-lasting consequences and may necessitate extensive medical treatment.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A fall from a ladder can damage the spinal cord, resulting in partial or complete paralysis. Spinal cord injuries can dramatically impact the quality of life and require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
- Broken Bones: Fractured bones are common in ladder fall accidents. Arms, legs, and ribs are susceptible to fractures, and recovery can be painful and expensive.
- Back and Neck Injuries: Falling off a ladder can cause severe back and neck injuries, such as herniated discs or whiplash. These injuries can lead to chronic pain and hinder your ability to work.
- Internal Injuries: The impact of falling from a ladder can damage organs like the liver, spleen, or kidneys. Internal injuries may not be immediately apparent and can be life-threatening if left untreated.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Torn ligaments, muscles, and tendons are common in ladder fall accidents. These soft tissue injuries can be painful and may require surgery or physical therapy for recovery.
- Cuts and Lacerations: Ladder falls can lead to cuts and lacerations, which may require stitches or more extensive medical intervention. Infections are a concern with open wounds, so it’s important to seek prompt medical attention.
- Psychological Trauma: Experiencing a ladder fall at work can result in psychological trauma, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) or anxiety.
If you’ve suffered a personal injury due to falling off a ladder at work in New York City, it’s important to consult with an experienced NYC personal injury lawyer to discuss your personal injury case. Our experienced attorneys have decades of experience navigating the legal complexities of workplace injuries. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the experienced NYC personal injury attorneys at SPBMCC to seek compensation for your injuries, medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and emotional distress.
Contact the NYC Personal Injury Lawyers at SPBMCC To Schedule a Free Consultation
If you or someone you care about sustained an injury after falling off a ladder at a construction site or other workplace, you may be entitled to compensation. The New York personal injury lawyers at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo (SPBMCC) work with clients in all areas of personal injury, including construction industry injuries. Contact us today at (212)732-9000 for a free consultation about your situation.