Albert B. Aquila
Partner + 1994 + New York
Albert Aquila is a top medical malpractice lawyer who has won millions of dollars on behalf of his clients since he joined Sullivan Papain Block McGrath & Cannavo as an associate in 1994.
He became a member of the firm 2002, and because of his hard work and successful results, was asked by his fellow members to lead one of the firm’s medical malpractice departments. Mr. Aquila is a proven litigation expert with a keen ability to prepare and try medical malpractice cases in all areas of medicine. His work extends to the product liability arena as well when the cases involve defective medical devices used by physicians. Admitted to practice in the state and federal courts in New York, Mr. Aquila has been recognized as a top medical malpractice lawyer by both Super Lawyers magazine and The Best Lawyers in America.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
Verdicts + Settlements
- Obtained a $4.6 million settlement for a woman who lost an arm and suffered a stroke as a result of a hospital’s failure to treat a blood clotting disorder.
- Obtained a $2.35 million settlement for the family of a man who suffered a fatal heart attack as a result of the failure to properly diagnose his cardiac symptoms.
- Won a $1.75 million verdict in a case involving an 11-year-old girl who lost her vision in one eye due to neurosurgical malpractice.
- Obtained a $1.55 million settlement for the family of a woman who died as a result of not receiving proper medication while hospitalized.
- Won a $1.5 million verdict in a case involving a surgeon who failed to diagnose a vascular condition prior to performing minor foot surgery, resulting in the amputation of the patient’s lower leg.
Awards and Recognition
- Named one of the top Medical Malpractice lawyers in New York by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- St. John’s University School of Law • 1993
- American Association for Justice
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- In his spare time, Mr. Aquila enjoys exercise and cycling.