He became a member of the firm 2002, and because of his hard work and successful results, was asked by his fellow members to lead one of the firm’s medical malpractice departments. Mr. Aquila is a proven litigation expert with a keen ability to prepare and try medical malpractice cases in all areas of medicine. His work extends to the product liability arena as well when the cases involve defective medical devices used by physicians. Admitted to practice in the state and federal courts in New York, Mr. Aquila has been recognized as a top medical malpractice lawyer by both Super Lawyers magazine and The Best Lawyers in America.
Areas of Practice
- Plaintiff’s Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
Awards and Recognition
- Named one of the top Medical Malpractice lawyers in New York by Super Lawyers Magazine
- The Best Lawyers in America
Professional Associations and Memberships
American Association for Justice
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Won a $1.75 million verdict in a case involving an 11-year-old girl who lost her vision in one eye due to neurosurgical malpractice.
- Won a $1.5 million verdict in a case involving a surgeon who failed to diagnose a vascular condition prior to performing minor foot surgery, resulting in the amputation of the patient’s lower leg.
- Obtained a $4.6 million settlement for a woman who lost an arm and suffered a stroke as a result of a hospital’s failure to treat a blood clotting disorder.
- Obtained a $2.35 million settlement for the family of a man who suffered a fatal heart attack as a result of the failure to properly diagnose his cardiac symptoms.
- Obtained a $1.55 million settlement for the family of a woman who died as a result of not receiving proper medication while hospitalized.
In his spare time, Mr. Aquila enjoys exercise and cycling.