OF COUNSEL + 2019 + New York
Craig M. Silverman, Counsel to the Firm since 2019. Craig joined SPBMCC at the beginning of 2019 after spending more than a decade litigating cases with a large personal injury law firm in Baltimore, Maryland. Craig has achieved excellent results in a variety of complex civil matters, ranging from multi-plaintiff toxic tort litigation to individual products liability and medical malpractice cases. Craig now returns to his New York roots to continue this practice with a focus on mass torts at SPBMCC.
Verdicts + Settlements
- Trial counsel on behalf of multiple home purchasers against a national homebuilder for fraud and consumer protection violations arising from the builder’s failure to disclose and concealment of groundwater contamination prior to entering contracts with purchasers. The trial resulted in a seven-figure jury verdict for the plaintiffs, including compensatory and punitive damages.
- Settled a class action against a major oil company for damages incurred by property owners within the zone of gasoline constituent contamination.
- Multi-million dollar settlement on behalf individuals injured by a medical device during what was supposed to be a minimally invasive low risk procedure.
- Multi-million dollar settlements in two separate consolidated multi-plaintiff actions in different jurisdictions against the same major oil company for injuries and property damages arising from groundwater contamination of families’ private water supply wells.
- Reached a favorable settlement for Plaintiff after his bicycle broke, causing him to fall into traffic and his leg to be run over by a motor vehicle.
- Obtained a significant verdict as trial counsel on behalf of eleven family members who became ill and/or hospitalized as a result of ingesting E.coli contaminated water in their vacation rental property during their annual family summer vacation.
- Reached a high six-figure settlement on behalf of a home owner who sued a heating oil delivery company for property damage arising out of the company’s negligence in over-filling his oil tank, which resulted in over 200 gallons of oil being released into his home.
- University of Baltimore, School of Law, cum laude, 2005
- University of Maryland, 2002
- American Association for Justice
- New York City Trial Lawyer’s Alliance
- In his spare time, Craig is a “hockey dad” to his two children and enjoys exercising.