John F. Nash
Partner + 1980 + GARDEN CITY
A veteran of the Nassau and Suffolk trial courts, John F. Nash has built a lengthy and distinguished career as a highly respected litigator across several practice areas.
John F. Nash joined Sullivan Papain in 1980, after working with the New York City Law Department Office of the Corporation Counsel where he served as unit chief and lead trial attorney in the prestigious Manhattan Trials Unit. He became a member of the firm in 1985, and in 1991 moved to the firm’s Long Island office. There, he has helped build Sullivan Papain into one of Long Island’s premier personal injury firms. Mr. Nash has recovered a series of substantial verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in the areas of product liability, premises and motor vehicle negligence.
Mr. Nash is a retired USN Captain and has been very active in Navy-related organizations. He also serves as an active firefighter in his community. Mr. Nash is based in Sullivan Papain’s Garden City, N.Y., office.
“Don’t give up the ship!”
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Verdicts + Settlements
- Negotiated a $7 million settlement for a 23-year-old woman who was rendered partially paralyzed in a motor vehicle accident.
- Obtained a $1.2 million settlement for a 51-year-old woman who required a spinal fusion after being hit by a “train” of shopping carts.
- Won $2 million for a 40-year-old laborer who was not given proper equipment to secure him and fell from a roof of a shopping center, sustaining serious brain injuries
- Secured a $1 million settlement against the Town of Huntington, N.Y., and a driver involved in a collision with a medi-van that injured a 72-year-old woman. The driver passed through a stop sign that was obscured by tree branches.
Awards and Recognition
- Pulse Magazine’s Top 10 Legal Eagles, 2014
- (AV®) from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- St. Francis College • B.S 1969
- Brooklyn Law School • JD 1977
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Naval Order of the United States
- U.S. Naval Institute
- Long Island Chapter of Association of the U.S. Navy
- Fireman’s Association of New York
- “Jury Selection”, New York County Lawyers, 2012
- Manhasset-Lakeville Fire Department, Vice President
- Blue & Gold Interview Officer, United States Naval Academy for Western Nassau County.
- Mr. Nash is active in U.S. Navy veteran’s organizations, serving as a U.S. Naval Academy Blue & Gold interview officer and a congressional interview officer for congressional districts on Long Island. He was formerly a Trustee of the U.S. Naval Academy Foundation. He is also President of the Long Island Chapter, Association of the U.S. Navy.