Mr. McManus also works closely with fellow Sullivan Papain member Michael Block, general counsel to the Uniformed Firefighters Association, to protect the interests of New York City’s firefighters on a daily basis. His work includes defending the UFA members’ rights on the job and representing firefighters injured in the line of duty. Mr. McManus is a forceful advocate on behalf of New York’s Bravest and is upholding a long tradition at Sullivan Papain of serving firefighters and their families.
Areas of Practice
- Municipal Liability
- Premises & General Liability
- Uniformed Firefighters Association Counsel
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2005
Boston College, B.A., 2002
Awards and Recognition
National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40
New York State Trial Lawyers Association
New York City Trial Lawyers Association
Board of Governors of the NYC Trial Lawyers Alliance
- Works closely with Uniformed Firefighters Association on a daily basis and on firefighter injury cases.
- Obtained a $28 million settlement for a worker who sustained severe traumatic brain injuries as a result of being struck by a Port Authority vehicle.
- Won a $1.2 million verdict against the City of New York for a 68-year-old woman who tripped and fell on the sidewalk and sustained orthopedic injuries to her knee and wrist.
- Settled a $1 million case for the pedestrian knockdown of a 59 year old man in which he suffered a fractured ankle requiring surgical intervention.
- Won a $929,000 verdict against Con Edison for a 62-year-old woman who tripped and fell on a sidewalk grate and sustained a hip/femur fracture.
- Won a $772,000 verdict for an intoxicated pedestrian who was struck by a bus and sustained fractures of her fingers that required surgery and a fractured tooth.
- Settled a $725,000 case at trial for a client who suffered tears of the meniscus after separate slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents two years apart at different locations.
HeartShare St. Vincent’s Services’ Board of Directors
Building Homes for Heroes
Hope for the Warriors
Uniformed Firefighters Association Scholarship Fund
In his spare time, Mr. McManus enjoys playing tennis and softball.