Thomas J. McManus
Managing Partner + 2009 + New York
“We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.”
Verdicts + Settlements
- Works closely with Uniformed Firefighters Association on a daily basis and on firefighter injury cases.
- Obtained a $28 million settlement for a worker who sustained severe traumatic brain injuries as a result of being struck by a Port Authority vehicle.
- Won a $1.2 million verdict against the City of New York for a 68-year-old woman who tripped and fell on the sidewalk and sustained orthopedic injuries to her knee and wrist.
- Settled a $1 million case for the pedestrian knockdown of a 59 year old man in which he suffered a fractured ankle requiring surgical intervention.
- Won a $929,000 verdict against Con Edison for a 62-year-old woman who tripped and fell on a sidewalk grate and sustained a hip/femur fracture.
- Won a $772,000 verdict for an intoxicated pedestrian who was struck by a bus and sustained fractures of her fingers that required surgery and a fractured tooth.
- Settled a $725,000 case at trial for a client who suffered tears of the meniscus after separate slip-and-fall and trip-and-fall accidents two years apart at different locations.
- American University, Washington College of Law • JD 2005
- Boston College • B.A. 2002
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- New York City Trial Lawyers Association
- Brehon Society
- Board of Governors of the NYC Trial Lawyers Alliance
- HeartShare St. Vincent’s Services’ Board of Directors
- Mr. McManus supports several charitable organizations that assist firefighters and their families
- In his spare time, Mr. McManus enjoys playing tennis and softball.