She handles some of Sullivan Papain’s most challenging cases and has won for her clients maximum financial compensation for their injuries. Her work has resulted in several million-dollar settlements in various areas, including premises liability, construction site accidents and motor vehicle negligence. Ms. Milgrim joined Sullivan Papain in 2005 and became a member of the firm in 2014. She is fluent in Spanish and as a child she would translate for her mother, who is from Ecuador. And as a lawyer she takes pride in being able to communicate directly with Spanish-speaking clients to address their questions about the legal process. Ms. Milgrim is active in the Puerto Rican Bar Association, Long Island Hispanic Bar Association, Dominican Bar Association, the New York State Trial Lawyers Association and the St. John’s University School of Law’s Alumni of Color Association.
Areas of Practice
- Construction Accidents
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Municipal Liability
- Premises & General Liability
St. John’s University School of Law, J.D., 2002
Brandeis University, B.A., 1999
Awards and Recognition
Flor De Maga Honoree 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
Puerto Rican Bar Association, Member
Long Island Hispanic Bar Association,
Dominican Bar Association
St. John’s University School of Law’s Alumni of Color Association, Member
New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
Board Member of the Long Island Hispanic Bar Association.
- Successfully represented an infant plaintiff who was exposed to lead paint at his residence. The infant plaintiff was also diagnosed with autism prior to his lead poisoning diagnosis. The case was settled for $1.35 million.
- Recovered $1.5 million in a settlement for a child who was exposed to lead paint.
- Obtained $1.75 million in a settlement for a young woman whose legs were severely injured after being struck by a bus.
- Negotiated a $1 million settlement for a laborer who suffered a back injury after he fell through an opening in a floor.
- Won a $900,000 settlement for a man who suffered a traumatic brain injury after being struck by a New York City Police Department vehicle.
Ms. Milgrim mentors minority students looking to pursue a legal career.
Outside of her practice, Ms. Milgrim enjoys spending time with her two children and doing pilates.