New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Nassau County Construction Accident Attorney
The construction industry is dangerous, and construction workers are subjected to a heightened risk of injury when they go to work. There are federal and state workplace safety regulations that require employers to take specific safety precautions that protect their employees. These regulations do not stop all injuries, however. Sometimes injuries are a result of employers failing to comply with safety regulations, but other times, construction injuries are caused by negligent third parties.
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a construction accident, contact the Nassau construction accident attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. for a free consultation. Whether you were injured in a construction accident as an innocent bystander or a construction worker, we will go over the details of your accident and discuss your available recovery options.
Our Nassau County Construction Accident Team
- We provide personal attention to each of our clients in every case. We will be available to answer your questions and concerns every step of the way.
- Our priority is our clients, and we work for maximum compensation in each case to help you recover for all of your injuries and damages.
- We take our cases on a contingency fee basis so that you do not pay attorneys’ fees until you have received compensation for your construction accident.
- We can help you seek compensation for construction accident injuries including brain injury, spinal cord injury, and the wrongful death of a loved one
Workers’ Compensation In Construction Accidents
When construction workers are injured at work, they are typically entitled to workers’ compensation insurance benefits. Economic recovery under a workers’ compensation claim is more limited than recovery options in personal injury claims. Workers’ compensation recovery is generally limited to medical expenses, wage replacement, and death benefits for fatal injuries.
Additional Source Of Compensation
Sometimes injured construction workers think that workers’ compensation benefits are their only source of financial recovery when they are injured on the job. This is not always the case, however. Our attorneys represent injured construction workers in personal injury claims when their workplace injuries were caused by a third party’s negligence. As mentioned above, there are more recovery options available for personal injury claims such as pain and suffering and punitive damages.
Examples of liable third parties include:
- A driver who caused a car accident in which a construction worker was injured
- The manufacturer of defective construction equipment that injured a construction worker
- A third party subcontractor whose negligence caused a construction worker’s injuries
- A premises liability claim against a property owner whose negligence led to a construction worker’s injuries
Fatal Construction Injuries
As described above, there are workers’ compensation benefits for fatal injuries. When a third party is responsible for a fatal construction accident, surviving family members may be entitled to recover compensation under a wrongful death claim. These claims are intended to compensate survivors for the losses they sustained due to losing their loved one. Recoverable damages may include loss of financial support, loss of the value of the decedent’s household services, funeral expenses, and medical expenses.
Construction Accident Attorneys
Our attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. are compassionate advocates for personal injury victims. We know that construction accidents can cause significant stress and hardship for injury victims and their families. We will fight for your right to full and fair compensation for your injuries and damages. Contact our office so that we can help you begin the financial recovery process.