New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Nassau County Spinal Cord Injury Attorney
If you have sustained a spinal cord injury caused by someone else’s fault, you need an experienced attorney to advocate for your financial recovery. Our attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. are Nassau County personal injury attorneys with experience representing spinal cord injury victims.
Spinal cord injury is one of the most significant and traumatic injuries a person can sustain. We know that access to quality medical care is critical when it comes to spinal cord injuries. We also know that securing the means to pay for that medical care can significantly impact your chances for physical improvement and recovery.
Spinal Cord Injuries Practice
- Our attorneys are committed to maximizing compensation for every client. We will value your claim with the help of financial and medical experts, and aggressively advocate for your full and fair recovery.
- We will take your case on contingency so that you will not pay any attorneys’ fees until after you have secured compensation for your claim.
- We know that you and your family are facing significant challenges due to an unexpected spinal cord injury. Our compassionate attorneys will do everything they can to help you move forward. They will be available to address all of your questions and concerns throughout the legal process.
- Spinal cord injuries can happen during car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents, or distracted driving incidents.
Value Of Your Claim
It is impossible to place a value on your claim until your injuries and damages have been assessed. A spinal cord injury attorney will help to value and prove the totality of your injuries and damages. Spinal cord injuries are considered catastrophic injuries. Typically, catastrophic injury claims will have a higher value than other, less severe types of personal injury claims.
To appropriately value your spinal cord injury claim, medical experts and financial experts may be necessary to assess the long-term effects and costs of your injury.
Medical experts will help to establish the extent of your injuries by showing the impact that your injuries have on the following:
- Your long-term physical health and well-being
- Your ability to work
- Necessary future medical care
Settlement Agreements And Trials
Our spinal cord injury clients often express concerns about their case going to trial. Most of our personal injury cases settle before trial, but our attorneys prepare every case as if it will go to trial. They do this because there is no guarantee that your case will settle. You should never feel pressured to accept a low settlement because your case is not ready for trial. Another benefit is that defendants and their insurance companies are more generous in settlement negotiations when they know that the plaintiff’s attorney is not afraid to go to trial.
There are incentives for insurance companies to settle their cases before trial. Defending litigation is expensive, so insurance companies often prefer to settle their claims and avoid the cost of litigation. When plaintiffs with catastrophic injuries have a strong case against the defendant, settling before trial also eliminates the risk of an exceedingly large jury award.
Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys
We know that spinal cord injuries can be devastating and life-changing. Securing financial compensation can alleviate some financial concerns and help you and your family begin to move forward. Contact a personal injury attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. to schedule a consultation. We will evaluate your claim and discuss your financial recovery options.