New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Suffolk County Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcyclists know that even when vehicles are moving at low speeds, motorcycle accidents can lead to catastrophic injuries. Unfortunately, drivers of other vehicles often fail to appreciate the injury risks involved in motorcycle accidents. As a result, many drivers are not as cautious as they should be when sharing the road with motorcycles.
If you have been injured in a crash, contact a Suffolk County motorcycle accident attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. to schedule a free consultation. Our attorneys are dedicated to helping personal injury victims recover compensation for their injuries and damages. We will review the facts of your accident and discuss your available legal options.
Our Attorneys Can Help
- Our law firm helps injury victims and surviving family members who have lost loved ones in motorcycle accidents. Our attorneys care about their clients and will fight to see that they secure maximum compensation for their injuries and damages.
- Our Suffolk County personal injury attorneys offer free case evaluations. They will look at the strengths and weaknesses of your case and provide a straightforward assessment of the potential success and compensation in your claim.
- We know that exorbitant medical expenses and lost wages are common in motorcycle accident cases. Our attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis so that you will not owe any attorneys’ fees unless we have successfully secured compensation for you.
Motorcycle Accident Causes
Motorcycle accidents can happen in a split second, often with no notice or warning. Even when motorcyclists drive cautiously and defensively, some accident circumstances cannot be anticipated or avoided. See below for common causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Motorcycle defects – Motorcycle parts such as faulty brakes or defective tires can cause motorcycle accidents.
- Roadway dangers – Dangerous road conditions, such as unexpected obstructions and edge breaks, can be perilous for motorcyclists.
- Driver inattention – Drivers often fail to notice motorcycles. Their neglect frequently leads to driving errors such as making unsafe lane changes, unsafe left turns into a motorcyclist’s path or failing to yield to a motorcyclist’s right of way. Distracted drivers can cause devastating injuries.
- Aggressive drivers – Motorcyclists are often faced with the danger of sharing the road with aggressive drivers. Some drivers fail to respect the fact that motorcyclists have equal driving rights and they habitually operate aggressively around motorcycles.
Several parties may be responsible for your injuries and damages, depending on the cause and circumstances of your accident. The defendant may be a negligent driver who caused your accident. If your accident was the result of a bike defect, the motorcycle manufacturer or seller might be liable. If your accident was caused by dangerous road conditions, a government entity or other party responsible for the condition and maintenance of the road may be to blame.
Statute Of Limitations
Motorcycle accident claims must be filed within the applicable statute of limitations so that you do not lose your right to seek compensation. If a municipality or other government entity is responsible for your accident, you may have additional filing requirements and a shorter statute of limitations.
If you have lost a loved one or sustained injuries ranging from spinal cord injury to traumatic brain injury in a motorcycle accident, our attorneys will aggressively pursue fair and just compensation for your losses. Contact an attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. to discuss the facts of your case and the applicable statute of limitations. Our experienced attorneys will provide you with high-quality legal representation from start to finish.