New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Suffolk County Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Traumatic brain injury cases are some of the most serious personal injury cases that our law firm handles. The brain controls body functions, movements, and cognitive processes. It is also responsible for feelings and emotions. When someone suffers a brain injury, one or any combination of the brain’s functions can be impacted.
Attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. help brain injury sufferers recover compensation for their injuries and damages. Contact us for a free case evaluation. We will not charge for our time and services until you have secured a financial award from those who were responsible for your brain injury accident.
Brain Injury Practice
- Our brain injury practice group is experienced and knowledgeable about brain injuries and symptoms. We understand that early medical care is critical for brain injury recovery. Our attorneys will help to make sure that you are getting the medical care that you need.
- Our attorneys have secured significant financial recoveries for their brain injury clients. Brain injuries often require long-term, expensive medical care, and those future expenses will be included in the value of your claim.
- We understand that traumatic brain injuries can be very emotional for victims and their families. Our attorneys will treat you and your family with respect and compassion while pursuing your claim.
Valuing Traumatic Brain Injuries
It is impossible to know how much your brain injury claim is worth until our attorneys understand the facts of your case, investigate your accident, and go over the losses you have suffered. With the help of medical and financial experts, if needed, we will calculate the full value of your injuries and damages. Depending on your losses, the value of your claim may include medical bills, future medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and other damages that you have suffered.
Traumatic Brain Injury Cases
Traumatic brain injuries are generally caused by a major impact to the head. Brain injury cases that we frequently handle include the following:
- Construction accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Falls due to dangerous property conditions
- Falls due to negligent care in a daycare or nursing home
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Traumatic Brain Injury Symptoms
Some brain injuries are temporary, and injury victims may make a full recovery. Other brain injuries are permanent and debilitating. Symptoms of traumatic brain injuries vary in severity, and a brain injury sufferer may experience any number and combination of symptoms. Common symptoms include impaired cognitive function, headaches, visual impairment, sleep troubles, and problems with movement and body functions. Severe traumatic brain injuries can also lead to death.
Wrongful Death Claim
When accidents lead to fatal brain injuries, surviving family members may recover compensation in some cases. Our attorneys have helped family members secure compensation for losses, such as loss of the deceased’s financial support, funeral expenses, and loss of inheritance.
Compensation for emotional damages is generally not recoverable in wrongful death claims. There is an exception for brain injury victims who survived for some time after an accident. In these cases, if it can be shown that the victim suffered losses before he or she died, those losses, such as pain and suffering, may be recoverable.
Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Contact a NYC personal injury attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. to discuss your traumatic brain injury claim. When someone else’s wrongful conduct caused your injuries, you need an experienced attorney advocating for your recovery.