New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Long Island Burn Injury Attorney
Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. has represented countless burn victims and thus, our attorneys know how difficult and devastating burn injuries can be. Burn injury victims may suffer from chronic physical pain and require extensive medical care to treat their injuries. They also frequently suffer significant emotional pain due to scarring and disfigurement. Severe burns can cause permanent impairment and disability, as well.
Some burn injuries are the result of unfortunate accidents that could not have been prevented. Other times, however, burn injuries are the result of someone’s negligent or reckless conduct. If you have suffered serious burn injuries due to someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation.
Burn Injury Practice
- Our entire practice focuses on advocating for personal injury clients in Long Island and throughout New York. We know that unexpected injuries can disrupt your life and result in significant losses. Our attorneys will provide you with personal attention, and they will fight for maximum compensation for your claim.
- Severe burns can require expensive, long-term medical treatments. When our attorneys look to the full value of your claim, they will examine all of the losses you have suffered. They will consider all of the future expenses you may incur as a result of your injuries as well.
- Our attorneys take personal injury cases on contingency. You will not owe any attorneys’ fees until you have secured compensation for your burn injury claim.
Medical Care For Burn Injuries
Many burn injuries, especially 2nd and 3rd degree burns, require extensive medical treatment and pain management. Corrective surgeries, such as skin grafting, may be necessary when burns result in scarring and disfigurement. Severe burn injuries can be debilitating. In these cases, patients require physical therapy and rehabilitation to improve function and gain back their independence.
Doctors and other medical professionals know that patients suffering from severe burns are at a heightened risk of developing an infection due to missing protective layers of skin. Medical professionals have a duty to not only treat your burns but also to provide appropriate preventive and follow up care. If you sustained injuries from an infection due to substandard medical care, you might be entitled to compensation under a medical malpractice claim.
Common Types Burn Injury Cases
See below for some common accidents that result in burn injuries.
- Work-related burn injury
- Out of control fires
- Electrical malfunctions
- Defective smoke detectors
- Exploding batteries
- Chemical burns
- Motorcycle and car accidents
- Defective appliances and household products
Burn Injury Compensation
As mentioned above, when our attorneys pursue your claim, they will seek maximum compensation, which includes compensation for future damages and expenses related to your injuries. Medical experts will evaluate your injuries and provide opinions as to what types of ongoing and future medical care you will need.
In addition to medical bills and future medical expenses, you may also be entitled to recover for lost wages, loss of earning capacity, property damage, pain and suffering, including emotional damages. When accidents lead to fatal burn injuries, surviving family members may be able to recover compensation under a wrongful death claim. Compensation can include loss of financial support, funeral expenses, loss of inheritance, and loss of parental guidance.
Burn Injuries Attorneys
If you or a loved one has suffered severe burn injuries in an accident caused by someone’s wrongful conduct, contact a personal injury attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. to schedule a free consultation. Our New York City personal injury attorneys will discuss your accident and evaluate your claim and potential recovery options.