New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Suffolk County Rideshare Accident Lawyer
New York residents and visitors are utilizing rideshare services now more than ever before. Rideshares typically offer fast and convenient services for people who need a lift and don’t want to deal with public transportation hassles. A major hang-up with rideshare companies, however, is that car accident liability and insurance coverage issues often leave injury victims fighting for fair compensation.
New York has implemented rideshare specific liability laws, but those laws are complicated. If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, contact an attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. for a free consultation. Rideshare accidents are not like regular car accidents. Only experienced Suffolk County rideshare accidentattorneys should be trusted to handle these claims.
Rideshare Accident Practice
- Our Suffolk County personal injury attorneys are experienced in handling all types of rideshare accident cases including, Uber, Lyft, Via, and Juno.
- Unlike some other attorneys and law firms, our goal is not to settle your claim. Our goal is to make sure that you are fully and fairly compensated. Most of our cases do settle, but our attorneys are not afraid to go to trial when it is in your best interests.
- We value our clients, and we provide them with high-quality services. Our attorneys will answer all of your questions and address your concerns. We will keep you informed and updated throughout the legal process.
Rideshare Liability Factors
New York’s no-fault insurance law is already complicated enough, and rideshare laws make injury claims even more confusing. There are many factors that may impact liability in rideshare accidents, such as:
- If you were a rideshare passenger
- If the driver was logged into the rideshare app
- If the driver had accepted a rideshare request
- The extent and seriousness of your injuries
- Whether or not the rideshare driver was at fault
- Whether or not the rideshare driver had adequate insurance
- Whether or not you or someone you live with owns a car
If you are in an accident with a driver who was not working at the time and was not logged into the rideshare app, regular New York no-fault insurance and accident laws apply. If you were involved in an accident with a driver who was logged into the rideshare app, New York’s rideshare laws might then come into play.
How We Can Help
Our knowledgeable attorneys know which facts are important when it comes to liability and recovery in rideshare accidents. They will investigate your claim and gather relevant evidence to strengthen your case. They will also handle all communication and negotiations with defendants and their insurance companies. Regardless of whether you have suffered a spinal cord injury or a traumatic brain injury, we can help you seek justice.
Insurance Company Negotiations
Insurance companies want to limit the claims the pay in value and number. They will not tell you what damages you are entitled to recover, and they will not tell you the real value of your claim. Negotiating fair settlements with insurance companies is difficult without an experienced legal advocate representing your interests. Our attorneys will make sure that all of your injuries and damages are evaluated and calculated before recommending that you accept any settlement offers.
Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Trying to collect compensation for a rideshare accident is an uphill battle, but it is much easier when you have legal representation. Contact a rideshare accident attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. to discuss your accident and potential compensation.