New York Personal Injury Attorneys
Suffolk County Wrongful Death Attorney
Attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. know that there is no amount of money that can replace the loss of a family member. We also know that there is no amount of money that can alleviate the grief and suffering related to a loved one’s death. What wrongful death compensation can do, however, is to help surviving family members who are facing financial burdens due to losing a loved one.
If someone’s wrongful conduct caused your family member’s death, contact our office to schedule a free consultation. We know that you have been through a traumatic experience, and we want to help you and your family begin to move forward with your life.
Wrongful Death Practice
- We have assisted many families with recovering compensation in wrongful death claims. Our attorneys have the experience and resources to fully investigate your claim and pursue the compensation that you and your family deserve.
- We put our clients’ best interests first. We know that maximizing your compensation is important, and our attorneys take every step necessary to do just that throughout the legal process.
- When finances are already tight because of funeral expenses, medical bills, and lost financial support, our attorneys will never ask for hourly attorneys’ fees. We will only collect fees and expenses when you have secured compensation for your claim.
New York Wrongful Death Claims
New York wrongful death claims are usually brought by the decedent’s personal representative. Economic damages suffered by surviving family members are recoverable in wrongful death claims. Economic damages are those financial expenses and losses related to the wrongful death, such as:
- Loss of the decedent’s financial support
- The value of the decedent’s support and services
- Lost inheritance
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills related to the injuries and death
The surviving family members’ noneconomic damages, such as pain and suffering, are generally not recoverable in wrongful death claims. The estate might be entitled to compensation if the deceased suffered losses related to the fatal accident before his or her death. These losses may include both economic and noneconomic damages, such as the deceased’s pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages.
How We Can Help
Our attorneys will investigate your claim and gather evidence to prove liability and damages. They often retain financial experts to help calculate your current and future losses related to your loved one’s death. They will negotiate with the defendant’s insurance company to reach a settlement agreement that fairly compensates you and your family. If they are unable to agree to fair and reasonable settlement terms, our attorneys will be prepared to take your claim to court.
Types Of Wrongful Death Claims
Our attorneys advocate for surviving family members in all types of wrongful death cases, including those described below.
- Birth injuries, anesthesia errors, and other types of medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Fire accidents and explosions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Train, subway, and bus accidents
Wrongful Death Attorneys
If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s fault, contact an attorney at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. We understand that wrongful death claims can be immensely emotional. Our compassionate attorneys will fight your legal battle so that you and your family can focus on your healing and emotional recovery.