Partner + 1988 + New York
Firm member Marie Ng is a leading expert in the areas municipal liability and premises hazards and heads one of the firm’s General Negligence departments.
A highly experienced and accomplished trial attorney, she has brought to Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. invaluable trial skills gained at the nation’s largest municipal law office, the New York City Law Department Office of The Corporation Counsel. And her efforts have resulted in millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts on behalf of her clients in such diverse practice areas as construction-site accidents, medical malpractice, and police and fire-related accidents. Ms. Ng’s work has made her a sought-after advisor for her fellow lawyers and as a teacher in continuing legal education programs. Ms. Ng joined Sullivan Papain in 1988 and became a member of the firm in 1992.
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
Verdicts + Settlements
- Recovered $25 million for the wrongful death of a husband and father of three young children, and for severe burn injuries suffered by his infant daughter, in an apartment building gas explosion
- Recovered $4.2 million for young girl hit by a MTA bus while on a bicycle, suffering severe scarring and multiple fractures of her elbow.
- Recovered $4 million for construction worker thrown over a cement mixer due to an improperly operated construction site resulting in seriously disabling injuries including leg fractures requiring multiple surgeries.
- Obtained $1.75 million for a car accident victim who was partially paralyzed after a hospital failed to perform necessary emergency procedures.
- Recovered $1.5 million for firefighter who suffered multiple leg fractures requiring several surgeries as a result of being pinned to the back of a fire truck struck by a motor vehicle.
- Won $1.5 million for a child who suffered scalding burns in an apartment bathroom due to the improper regulation of the building’s hot water system.
- Recovered $1.25 million for a 3 year-old infant, who sustained scalding burns while in a bath tub due to excessively hot water.
Awards and Recognition
- Named in Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top lawyers in New York
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®
- (AV®) from Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Brooklyn Law School • 1977
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Asian American Bar Association