R. Thomas Colonna
Associate + 2016 + New Jersey
- New York, 2014
- New Jersey, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 2020
Verdicts + Settlements
- Won a $2.41 Million Dollar verdict in NY County for a 15-month delay in diagnosis of prostate cancer. This delay allowed the cancer to become metastatic and unfortunately, lead to the plaintiff’s death.
- Obtained $1.85 Million for a man who fell approximately 4 feet through a defective fence from a second floor viewing area to the first floor while at an indoor trampoline park causing progressive pain leading to C5/6 disc replacement surgery 21 months later.
- Obtained $750,000 for 30-60 seconds of pain and suffering for a 79-year old woman, riding her bicycle when she was struck by a tractor-trailer at an intersection, suffering multiple rib and leg fractures, and a lower leg amputation, and was unresponsive when EMS arrived; there was no claim of wrongful death as she was survived by her two sisters whom she did not support.
- Won a $750,000 verdict against an orthopedic foot surgeon who improperly conducted a tendon reconstruction rather than a triple arthrodesis (subtalar fusion) on a woman who suffered from a flatfoot deformity on her left foot.
- Obtained a $300,000 settlement for a pedestrian who was struck by a motor vehicle and suffered multiple rib fractures and abdominal trauma.
- Obtained a $300,000 settlement for a high school softball player who sustained an ankle fracture by sliding into home base on an AstroTurf field maintained by the City of NY.
- Obtained a $200,000 settlement for a bicyclist who suffered a mandibular fracture when his e-bike struck a sunken catch basin causing him to flip over.
- Won a $110,000 verdict for a pedestrian who suffered tendon damage in his right index finger when struck by a taxi cab.
- University of Kansas School of Law • JD 2013
- United States Military Academy • B.S. 2001
- Member of the West Point Society of New York
- Member of the West Point Society of New Jersey
- Member of the New Jersey Association for Justice (NJAJ)
- Tom enjoys traveling, lifting, mountaineering, and spending time with his French Bulldog, "Herman."