Wendell Y. Tong
Counsel + 2006 + New York
Wendell Y. Tong has served as Counsel to the Firm since 2014. She was been with the firm since 2006.
Wendell Y. Tong has represented thousands of claimants in the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund.
Wendell Y. Tong has counseled and represented first responders who have testified in 2015 and 2019 before the U.S. House of Representatives in support of the reauthorization and later the extension of the VCF statute, now called the Never Forget the Heroes: James Zadroga, Ray Pfeifer, and Luis Alvarez Permanent Authorization of the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund Act.
Wendell Y. Tong has practicing mass torts, particularly toxic personal injury, product liability, and consumer fraud actions since 2006.
The U.S. District Court of the Southern District of New York appointed Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo as Co-Liaison Counsel in the World Trade Center Disaster Site Litigation against the City of New York and its contractors. Wendell Y. Tong served on the firm’s WTC Lawsuit team and litigated, then helped settle more than 600 plaintiff-clients’ cases.
Admitted to New York, 2002; United States District Court for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2007; California, 2001; United States District Court for the Central, Southern, Northern, and Eastern Districts of California and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2001. Member of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, American Association for Justice, National Employment Lawyers Association of New York, National Lawyers Guild, and Rebellious Lawyering Institute. Graduate of UCLA School of Law, 2000.
- California, 2001
- New York, 2002
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2008
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2001
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2001
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2001
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California • JD 2000
- Columbia University, New York, New York • M.A. 1995
- Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island • B.A. 1990
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Employment Lawyers Association of New York, Member
- National Lawyers Guild, Member
- Rebellious Lawyering Institute, Member
- Wendell Y. Tong, Looking Within For Implicit Bias, 53-JUN Trial 27 (June 2017)
- In re World Trade Center Disaster Site Litigation, 503 F.3d 167 (2nd Cir. 2007), 521 F.3d 169 (2ndCir. 2008), 754 F.3d 114 (2nd Cir. 2014).
- Litigation Concerning Dietary Supplements, American Jurisprudence Trials, 128 AMJUR TRIALS 111.
- The Law of Product Warranties – Warranties under the U.C.C., § 9:5. “The buyer’s duty to give notice of breach – Affirmative pleading by the buyer.” PRODWARR § 9:5.
- 98 Pajamas, American Law of Products Liability 3d Product Citator, ALPL PC § 98 Personal Products.
- State Unfair Trade Practices Law (C.C.H.) 2012 WL 4973746, 2012 WL 9504624.
- Settlement In Suit Against Maker Of Pajamas That Caught On Fire, Verdicts, Settlements & Tactics, 33 No. 6, Verdicts, Settlements & Tactics art. 54 William Jordan (June 2013).
- Hammer v. Vital Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 2012 WL 1018842 (D.N.J. 2012), 2013 WL 5470007 (D.N.J. 2013).
- In re Paxil Litigation, Andrews Product Liability Litigation Reporter, 14 No. 1 Andrews Prod. Liab. Litig. Rep. 4 (February 2003); 18 No. 11 Andrews Pharmaceutical Litig. Rep. 3 (February 2003); 10 No. 1 Andrews Class Action Litig. Rep. 21 (February 2003).
- Long v. Allen AME Transp. Corp., 43 A.D.3d 1114 (2nd Dept. 2007).