New York Personal Injury Attorneys
motorcycle accident injury?
Our attorneys have zealously advocated on behalf of countless accident victims in motorcycle accident cases including, but not limited to, accidents due to distracted drivers, drunk drivers and drivers who have failed to obey traffic laws such as speeding and improper lane changes.
We have access to investigators and expert witnesses, including accident reconstruction experts and medical experts, who can assist in the effective management of motorcycle accident claims.
Let us use our 90 years of experience to help your legal claim
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you shortly.
$8.8 Million Settlement
For a motorcycle accident. A 32-year-old motorcyclist struck a turning car in order to avoid an illegally parked truck, resulting in permanent spinal cord damage and paraplegia.
$5.5 Million Settlement
For a motorcyclist dragged by a truck. A 45-year-old motorcyclist was hit and dragged by a truck resulting in a traumatic crush injuries to both legs and eventual amputation of one leg above the knee.
$1.3 Million Settlement
For a motorcyclist struck by ambulance. A 35-year old father and 10-year old son traveling on a motorcycle were fatally struck by a private ambulance which ran a red light on the way to a call. They both were survived by 32-year old wife and mother.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the statute of limitations for car accidents in New York?
- This depends on the facts of your case but, generally, if you have a claim against a private party, you have three years from the date of your car accident to file a lawsuit. If you have a claim against a government entity, you typically have 3 months from the accident to file a Notice of Claim. Thereafter, you have a year and ninety days to commence the action.
- It should be noted that you only have 30 days to file your No Fault application, though.
How long will it take for my case to be resolved?
- Each case is unique. Typically, a case can take between one and three years to resolve. More complex cases, involving multiple vehicles, insurance companies and defendants, can take up to several years to litigate.
Will my car accident case go to trial?
- Each case is handled differently depending on multiple factors within the case. Most cases do not go to trial. Most cases are resolved during settlement discussions after discovery has been conducted in a case. However, Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. prepares every case as if it will go to trial. Moreover, we have some of the most accomplished trial lawyers in the State making Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. the best firm to have on your side.
How much does it cost to hire SPBMC?
- There is no hourly rate. We work on a contingency fee basis that is thoroughly explained in our retainer agreement. It is called a contingency fee because, basically, our fee is contingent upon you winning your case. Once you obtain a settlement or a verdict, the costs of prosecuting the case are taken off the top and the firm takes its agreed upon fee at that point from the settlement proceeds. Typically, in an automobile accident, the contingency fee is one third.
How do you know who is at fault?
- The attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. have a wealth of experience and knowledge from working on these cases for so many decades, which assist our attorneys in identifying all culpable parties to effectively prosecute your case.
Don’t wait after your accident!
Getting into a motorcycle accident can be a very disturbing and challenging experience. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you may be entitled to legal action. Call the talented, experienced, and persistent attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C., at 212-732-9000, to discuss how we can help you with your motorcycle accident case today.