New York Personal Injury Attorneys
New York City Fracture and Broken Bone Lawyer
Bone fractures are painful and debilitating injuries. They occur when something exerts too much pressure on the bones, causing them to crack or break. Common accidents that cause broken bones are car crashes, slip and falls, and sports incidents. If you or a loved one suffered fractures in a recent personal injury accident, contact the NYC lawyers at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C., for a free consultation.
Why Choose Us?
- We handle a wide range of personal injury claims. We can offer these services thanks to our size and wealth of resources.
- We treat clients with respect and compassion. We communicate closely with our clients, identifying their goals and building litigation strategies from there.
- We get results. Our lawyers fight hard to secure fair and full compensation for broken bone injuries.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Bone fractures appear on medical scans and x-rays, making the injury itself easy to prove. Negotiating with an insurance company claims adjuster is difficult for victims. While you are dealing with broken bones and recovery times, you should not also have to aggressively defend your rights against an insurer who is trying to take advantage of you. Hiring a lawyer enables you to focus on yourself while someone else handles compensation negotiations. An attorney can ensure an insurance company does not trick you into settling for less.
New York’s No-Fault System and Broken Bones
Bone fractures meet the threshold as “serious” injuries in the eyes of New York law. This means victims with broken bones have the right to file personal injury claims outside the state’s no-fault insurance system. Filing a claim outside the no-fault system can come with the benefit of receiving greater compensation, in the form of non-economic damages such as pain and suffering and lost quality of life. A typical insurance claim with your own provider, on the other hand, will not come with non-economic damages.
If you have broken bones from a negligent or reckless party in New York, contact an attorney about the possibility of filing a civil lawsuit. A civil suit against a driver, company, property owner, product manufacturer, or another party could give you compensation to move forward. A civil claim can be much easier with help from a lawyer. Your attorney can prove negligence and secure top results while you focus on recovering from your broken bone injuries.
If you are not sure who may be liable for your broken bone injuries, consider the factors involved in your accident. Look at who was there, how the fracture happened, and all potential causes. You may need a lawyer to investigate your accident and name the appropriate defendant. Your lawyer can then help you with the elements to prove liability:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care based on his/her relationship with you at the time of your accident. Drivers, for example, owe others on the roadway a duty to reasonably prevent collisions.
- The defendant breached a duty of care to you. The defendant must have breached, or failed to fulfill, a duty of care. A breach can be any action or omission a reasonable party would not have done in the same circumstances.
- The defendant’s breach of duty must have caused your broken bone injuries. Your lawyer must show a causal relationship between the defendant’s negligence and your accident.
- The accident must have cost you real, compensable damages. Broken bones count as compensable damages, as do related medical bills, lost wages, disability costs, and pain and suffering.\
Contact Our Attorneys Today
If you or a loved one suffered broken bone injuries in any type of accident in New York City, contact us to discuss your case. You may be eligible for significant compensation from the at-fault party. Call (212) 732-9000 to schedule your free consultation today.