New York Personal Injury Attorneys
New York City Boat Accident Attorney
Boating is a popular recreational activity which can take place both off the coast and on international water ways. This activity can pose significant danger. As a passenger aboard a boat, you are at the mercy of the boat operator. If this person fails to follow safety regulations or operates his or her vessel negligently, you could suffer severe injuries or even death.
If you received injuries or lost a loved one as the result of a boating accident, you may seek financial compensation for your damages. Hire a boating accident attorney – the NYC personal injury lawyers at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C., have the knowledge and experience to handle your case.
Choose Our Firm for Your Boating Accident Case
The attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C., have litigated all types of personal injury law, including maritime accidents and boating accidents. We have the staff to support these claims and the resources to hire the experts.
- Our attorneys have recovered over $2 billion in compensatory damages for clients over the past decade for all types of personal injury cases.
- We offer our services on a contingency fee basis for accessibility, meaning that you do not pay legal fees unless we obtain a recovery for you.
Causes of Boating Accidents
To file a personal injury lawsuit or insurance claim against a boat operator, your attorney must prove that the defendant acted in a negligent manner. Operating a boat at an extremely high rate of speed or failing to follow safety regulations would be examples of negligent boating behavior. You can also prove that the boat operator willfully disregarded your safety out of recklessness.
What kind of boating accidents involve negligent or reckless boat operators?
- Operating a boat under the influence of alcohol or drugs is negligent and reckless, as is sailing with too many passengers, also not carrying necessary safety equipment, such as lifeboats and inflatable vests is negligent and reckless.
- Overloading a cargo ship or colliding into other vessels is negligent and reckless.
- Insufficient or no navigation lights is negligent and reckless as is colliding with stationary objects, such as docks or buoys.
Filing a Boating Accident Lawsuit or Insurance Claim
Successfully litigating a boating accident case requires knowledge of New York boating laws and proof that a boat operator acted in negligence. A personal injury law firm with the necessary resources and experience can help prove your case.
Our attorneys can help you navigate the personal injury claim process and gather necessary information about your boating accident case.
- We will review your medical records and determine the severity of your injuries.
- We will contact and interview witnesses to the accident.
- We will investigate the background and driving history of the boat operator, as well as the potential cause of the accident.
- We will visit the scene of the accident and take photographs, gather testimony, and collect available evidence.
- We will enter into negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you receive a fair settlement offer.
There are many components to your claim such as for medical expenses, lost wages and past and future pain and suffering. If a loved one died, we will hire an economist to prove the pecuniary loss suffered by his or her next of kin.
Contact Our Lawyers Today
To find an attorney with experience in boating accident litigation in New York or New Jersey, look no further than the attorneys at Sullivan Papain Block McGrath Coffinas & Cannavo, P.C. We handle all types of personal injury cases, including boating and maritime accidents, wrongful death, and more. Our attorneys are well-versed in maritime law and can help you navigate the complex litigation process.
Schedule your free consultation today by filling out our online case evaluation form. Prefer to speak directly to a legal professional? Call our Manhattan offices at (212) 732-9000.